JOHAN TELL interview

Hi! Can you give a brief history of JOHAN TELL project, including the music style?

Music has been a big part of my life since I was a kid. After playing in various bands I decided to go solo and try to reach a bigger audience. My music is based on rock and everything in and between.

Could you provide more detailed information about your self-titled EP?

On this EP I have collaborated with the famous Tom Lord-Alge who has worked with several world class artists such as Pink, U2, Rolling Stones and now me. The result was way beyond my expectations.

JOHAN TELL has signed with Sliptrick Records. Could you tell us more about that?

Carlo from Sliptrick Records contacted me and gave me the freedom I needed in my work. And since they have a market both in Europe and US, where I think my music will fit just perfect.

What is the difference between your latest record and the band's very first one?

Since this is my debut EP i hope we can talk again in a near future and then discuss my upcoming full length album.

What inspires your music and lyric writing? What do your lyrics talk about?

The simple answer to that is life! Things that engage but also lyrics that the listener can interpret as they wish.

Do you play live often? Do you enjoy performing abroad?

I love to play live and with this EP, one of our main goals is to play festivals and gigs both in Europe and US.

How often do you practice and work on new material?

Writing new material is an ongoing process that never stops.

What are your plans for the near future?

The plan is to make this EP spin all around the globe and I will do everything in my power to make it happen!

Do you have a message for Iron Backstage readers?

Hope you like what you hear and I really hope we will see you soon, somewhere on the run!

https://www.instagram.com/johantellofficial