Review of THE MAMMUTHUS - Last Trumpet Of A Giant

Yes, my friends, Sweden is not only known for black or death metal music but also some kind of not so heavy chords! I got no luck when I try to find when THE MAMMUTHUS was formed but it doesn't matter as I fall in love with the music I hear on the Last Trumpet Of A Giant. Nine tracks which will throw you back deep in '70s when stoner rock ruled the world, haha! Last Trumpet Of A Giant sounds on one breath, musicians did a decent job, everything played in the same tone but sometimes even switched to more metallic sound what makes Last Trumpet Of A Giant more interesting to listen to and enjoy.

I like measured sometimes marching guitars, some cosmic tunes and the atmospehre of hapiness; yep, I was happy to drive my car and listen to Last Trumpet Of A Giant. Every instrument played well and songs structure is enough intillegent.

Next good thing are the tempo-changes when you hear some semi-fast rhythms which sharply switching into slow pases which sometimes reminds me of Black Sabbath's debut album. Powerful rhythm-section covered with good guitar solos and good clear vocals.

Stoner rock/metal is still alive and I hope THE MAMMUTHUS are going to record some new stuff in the future so we will enjoy more.

Recommend for fans of Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath and Mastodon.

Album was released last year by Sliptrick Records and promtoed by Grand Sounds Promotion.