Interview with ENE

Hi! Give a brief history of Ene, music style, and the members.

Hello. Here comes a brief history of ENE: I started the project in the late summer of 2020. The only member is me, Erik E. The musical style is metal. To narrow it down a bit, you can say that ENE is a Black Metal project, in the old school style. I started working on the music for the album "Lang Kald Natt" last summer, and used the autumn months to do the recording. Then the release saw the light of day in March 2021, and here we are.

Give in more detail, some information about "Lang kald natt" and how well it sells?

ENE is a totally unknown name as of yet, i guess, so sales are probably not racing along at this time. But to bring some info to the table: "Lang Kald Natt" is the debut album of ENE, featuring eight tracks of Norwegian Black Metal. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ene has signed with Hellstain Productions, tell more about that?

Well, Hellstain Productions was recently started up by an old friend of mine, so it was natural to let that label release this album. The dedication behind the label is high, so I feel that ENE is in good hands this way.

What is the difference between your latest and the very first records?

"Lang Kald Natt" IS the first ENE record. That said, I have recorded albums before under a different name and in a quite different musical style.

What inspires Ene music and lyric writing? What does Ene lyrics talk about?

I have listened to Metal music in all its shapes for the bigger part of my life, so this is now something that probably flows in my veins. The music I started to make for ENE was something that had lingered in the back of my mind for years, and finally had to be brought to life. Lyrically, ENE deals with nature, destruction and death, in a literal as well as metaphorical sense.

How often do you practice and work on new material?

Working on my own, it is accurate enough to say that I do both from time to time.

How did the band come up with the name Ene and tell what does it means for you?

ENE is a word referring to the solitary aspect of this project. I have always had a weakness for short, strange band names, so this naturally works like a charm for me.

What does the band plan on doing in near time?

In the near future more songs will be made and another album recorded.

Any message for Iron Backstage readers?

If you like old school Black Metal coldness, you are welcome to check out the album "Lang Kald Natt". It will do nothing to warm you up.

And thanks to you for the interview!