HYPERIA (Canada) "Insanitorium" / Sliptrick records

Canada known by huge amount of thrash and speed metal bands, moreover the country is also nominated as one of thrash/speed metal homelands, you know. Often when I listen to Canadian metal bands I suppose there are not so many changes on music scene happened during the years so Canadians are able to kick ass and still bringing quality music into masses!
Hyperia is a female fronted thrash metal band from Canada, Insanitorium is their debut album recorded after 1 EP and 2 Singles. I was never listened to their previous materials but after listening to this album I suppose those materials were nice as well. Album comes with 10 tracks of blasting and furious thrash metal, with extremely reach rhythm-section which is being changed in a seconds with all those crushing thresholds of sound. Guitar work is amazing, extremely twisted and catching, sounds just awesome along with the bass lines and the same crushing drumming. Sounds amazing when freezing guitar solos mixed with an aggressive rhythm section. The whole album built with truly furious and twisted guitars, as best as possible in this genre. Vocals, the vocals are courtesy of Marlee Ryley, I have nothing bad with female vocals in extreme music (moreover I really do not care if there are male or female vocals because it does not have a matter) so I can judge just if the vocals are enough good or bad. In case with Marlee I dare to say the vocals here are the same powerful side along with guitars and drums. She did really hard work, Marlee's way of singing is quite brutal and I like alot those growls changed with clear vocals (now I'm interesting to hear it front of the stage, haha!). Sometimes vocals are more "crossover" way but it does not affect to the quality, moreover sounds complex and too close to thrash metal.
I recommend "Insanitorium" for all thrash metal maniacs worldwide and I wish to listen to more stuff from Hyperia in the future and see them on stage here in Germany!
Just awesome thrash metal album, also check this nice cover-art made by Andrei Bouzikov, I like this way because it's a bit close to Repka's style!